“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
If you have been attending church any length of time, you know this verse by heart. You can quote this verse and tell people that God loves them. Down deep do you really believe this verse applies to you? Love is a choice and God has chosen you. He loved you before you were ever born, because He had a plan for your live from the beginning.
• God’s Love is patient.
• God’s love always protects.
• God’s love always trusts – trust
is the one thing that changes everything. We can always trust God and His word.
• God’s love is our hope, our only hope.
• God’s love always perseveres – perseveres means to continue steadfastly in a task or course of action or hold steadfastly to a belief or commitment.
• God’s love lasts forever.
• God’s love never fails – everything else will fail or pass away, but God’s love will never fail you and it will always be there.
Do you believe deep in your soul that all of this is true? Do you love yourself? If you don’t love yourself, then you cannot believe that God loves you or you cannot love others. If you don’t love yourself, maybe you need the healing of God in your life.